When I eat spicy foods, my forehead starts to sweat, and that heat consumes my whole head. I feel Alive!! That is why I have to dedicate this months blog to the very HOT Scotch Bonnet.
Scotch Bonnet Peppers are commonly found in Caribbean cuisine, it is usually added to any dish as a puree. Which allows you to control the amount of heat you are adding to each dish or marinade. In preparing the Scotch Bonnet puree, please put gloves on your hands. To reduce the heat and enjoy the true flavor of these Peppers, remove the seeds and the membrane inside the Pepper.
The recipe given below is a spin on the classic Jerk Chicken. It is all about the marinade! The marinade allows the flavors to sink into the meat and add depth. Weather it’s thru Fresh Herbs or a Pepper puree, the flavor of your marinade will come thru in the final flavour of your Chicken.
This recipe is very simple and creates some of the best Hot Wings you will ever try! Please remember these wings are HOT!
Scotch Bonnet Wings
- 12 Each Fresh Chicken Wings
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Each Scotch Bonnet Peppers – Cleaned and pureed
- 2 Bunches Fresh Thyme – Cleaned
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro – Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest – Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Parsley – Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic – Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients – except the Salt – and coat the Wings evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a tray lay out wings and season both sides with Salt.
- Cover with Foil and Bake for 45 minutes.
- Unwrap and allow 2-3 hours to cool.
- On a hot Grill – 400 degrees, add your wings and allow 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with Creamy Parmesan Dressing and freshly cut vegetables.
This meat is moist and carries more flavor!
Eat Healthy and ENJOY!