In one form or another Strawberries are a favorite among kids and adults. There are a few good reasons for this popularity – they are good for you, sweet, cool, refreshing fruit which goes hand in hand with a hot summer’s day. The only downfall of the Strawberry is that it perishes quickly.
In the restaurant world, the development of the Bartender has traveled miles from where this profession was 20 years ago. The revelation started with Tom Cruise revealing the life of a Bartender tossing bottles in the movie – Cocktail! This has moved us to the new wave of popularity of the “Bar Chef”. The Bar Chef works together with the Executive Chef to create incredible new Blends, Juices and Purees for exciting creative seasonal cocktails that elevate the guest’s experience. I think the most important thing is to “focus on freshness” For example – In summertime it should be something chilled with Fruit. The Straw-Tini pictured here is a guaranteed hit! In the Winter try a Godiva Mocatini with Strawberry Foam.
This Dessert Recipe is good in all seasons. I encourage your mind to experiment with variations, but stick to the same major thought – Good Quality Chocolate and Fresh Strawberries. This is a guaranteed crowd favorite!
Chocolate covered Strawberries
10 each Strawberries – Rinsed under cold water and set on a towel to dry
8 ounces of Milk Chocolate
3 Tablespoons of Heavy Cream
- Rinse your Strawberries under cold water and lay out on a towel to dry.
- Bring 2 cups of water in a medium Sauce pot to a simmer. In a bowl add your Chocolate & Heavy Cream.
- Place the bowl on top of the Sauce pot, consistently mixing with a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Put a sheet of wax paper on a Pizza pan, spray with non-stick spray.
- Take your dry Strawberries by the small Green leaves on the top. Tilt the Bowl of melted Chocolate on it’s side and try to get the Chocolate as close to where the Green leaves and the Strawberry connect. Do not get any Chocolate on the Green leaves.
- After all 10 Strawberries are placed in the wax paper, put the Strawberries in the Refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Served chilled
Enjoy your summer and eat FRESH!